Custom Mechanical Components Designed To Meet Your Requirements & Designed For Manufacture
Our speciality is with mechanical components. Whether they are plastic, metal, wood, composite, or a combination. We can offer you a custom solution to meet your needs. First, we need to understand what the purpose of the part will be. We find out how it will interact with the components around it, and how it will need to perform individually. Our design process considers loads, material properties, safety, ease and cost of manufacture. Mechanical engineering relies on tried and tested methods. We use the correct standards and practices when designing parts, and can include all manufacturing tolerances where required.
Benefits of our Mechanical Part Design service:
- Accuracy for a purpose. Manufacturing tolerances can be included.
- Comprehensive mechanical part design and development. We can also supply turn key designs, to specification.
- Quick lead time and ongoing support.
- Privacy. We don’t share your information without your express understanding and permission, and not for reasons unrelated to work required.
- Variety of CAD formats available, so we’ll likely be able to provide you with what you need.
- Competitive rates, with work done by experienced designers and engineers.
- We also provide 3D printing capabilities.
Notable Past Work
A recent project involved handlebar brackets for a carbon fibre racing bicycle. We designed them to be stiff and strong, but also lightweight. First, we used topology optimisation to reduce the amount of mass where it didn’t need to be, cutting away almost 30% from the original. Then we designed spacers, and armrests, that fit into the bracket seamlessly. All parts were then 3D printed, and the project was under budget and on time.
Design work is charged for per part, with an initial estimate provided. Additional required modifications to that which were estimated are either charged as follows;
- At an hourly rate of £50, if minor.
- Quote provided if more than 4 hours of work is needed.
- Specialised simulations or consultancy may require an additional cost, which will be quoted on before or during the project.
As every project is unique, and tailored to you, there is no fixed price. We look at several factors to determine a quote. Among these are:
- Complexity – The more detail, the longer it takes to model. Specialised designs are usually a higher cost. Features that are less conventional and need extra input add to the complexity.
- Information Provided By Client – If a model will be made from a physical sample as opposed to existing drawings. The extra time taken to measure the part manually adds some cost.
- Present-ability – Modeling parts to be aesthetically pleasing will take more time than one designed for purely functional manufacture.
- Interactive Features – Models that have moving parts, or are part of an assembly need extra checks to ensure they will work as intended.
- Simulations Required – If parts need to have either FEA or CFD simulation, this is an additional charge.
To find out what we can do for you, please get in touch.